Just got on here and was checking to see if anyone else was out there. Do not see any posts. So I thought I would just start one.

How is the fishing where you are at?

Posted Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:49 pm

I just joined today. New site w/ alot to offer. Hope it takes off.

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:49 pm

Doesnt seem to be allot of talk on here. I was hoping more would have something to say. Beside being winter how is or was the fishing for you?

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:04 pm

Not good last year. Water levels kept me off the river and the fish scattered. Hoping for a better year.

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:08 am

I was thinking the same here. but I actually had a great year with the walleye on the river. Really surprsied me.

I figured the flooding was going to just destroy the fishing. Didn't get out there at teh begining because of it. But had a pretty good fall.

I'm hoping the same doesnt happen with flooding this year since we have all this snow and they have it north of us as well. So I can fish this spring. winter is getting long and ice fishing is not so great this year

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:30 pm

Yes - I really think this site has potential. I am excited about this year - I found a honey hole on the Wapsi river and caught sizable northern, walleye and large mouth there. The weather keep fouling things up though. My friend has planned on taking me to a private pond where he caught 13 bass over 21" in one day!!!! Each week the weather has caused us to reschedule.
This weekend I hit Central Park (no luck), Backbone (you can always catch trout). Things were slow so I did some exploring -Upper wapsi Lime Springs and Lake Hendricks. Finally had found some ggod action at the lake - 4 15"+ bass and a nice perch.

Posted Mon May 17, 2010 8:39 pm

I spent my weekend baitcasting and I managed to catch a bunch of trout with my new daiwa tatula sv tw baitcast reel. I went home and tried some trout recipes online. It was a weekend well spent.

Posted Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:50 am

IA Fish Finder

Social Links